Sunday, May 25, 2014

Autumn Writing

We went for an adventure outside to play in the autumn leaves.  We also worked in groups to create a pic collage about Autumn.



Then we used our experience to create some descriptive writing using I see, I hear and I feel...sentence starters.  These pieces have lots of descriptive wow words in them...

I can see beautiful colours on the damp leaves.
I can hear leaves bump into each other when I stomped on them.
I can feel pointy sharp claws on my skin and it was ticklish.
By Keiarliya


I saw leaves all over the wet, green grass.
I saw beautiful orange, red, yellow and brown leaves.
I heard birds singing in the trees.
I felt soft smooth leaves.  They were colourful.
I jumped in the leaves and they were ticklish.
The tree trunks were massive but I got leaves in my long hair.
It was good fun and Finley and I threw leaves at each other.
By Sadie


I see thousands of colourful leaves on the damp grass.
I feel crackly leaves under my shoes.
I hear the leaves shuffling around.
By Finley



1 comment: