Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Frosty Morning Fun

At 9.15am this morning the temperature outside was 1.2 degrees and it was much colder overnight 
(-2.8 degrees at 6am)! 


We had fun exploring the frosty morning and then describing it in our writing.




The frost is cold and I went on the white grass.  I saw my footprints and it was crunchy.
Written by Terrell


This morning when I went outside I froze.  It was really, really cold.  I couldn't move a muscle!  It was so icy cold that it felt like I was in an ice cube.
Written by Mana


Wow!  What an enormous frost.  At school we played on the frosty, icy ground.  I slipped on the beautiful ice crystals.  It felt very, very cold.  I think if it was a little bit cooler we would have a big blanket of ice.  
Written by Maddie



What a frosty morning at school.  I was skidding on the icy tracks and the grass was turning back to normal.  I touched the grass and it was freezing!
Written by Jerome


In the cold morning I got out of my home and went to play on the grass.  It was white and crunchy.  I was freezing and I left my footprints all over the ground.
Written by Erin



Slippery, sliding on the lawn at school!  I was ice skating on the icy, white grass.  I licked a blade of grass and it tasted like water.  I left trails of green grass where ever I went.
Written by Tyler


When I got outside I got a shock!  My lawn was covered in white.  I rolled in it.  It was freezing cold.  I froze to pieces and felt like an ice block.  I screamed and ran inside!
Written by Sienna




This morning my grass was white.  Brrrrrrrr!  I was cold in the car and I had brain freeze.  It was hurting my brain.  Oh no!
Written by Hunter


17 comments:

  1. We liked looking at your FREEZING cold pictures. We saw footprints that looked like snail trails. Were you cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Room 4! Yes our hands and feet were freezing cold like ice cubes but it was fun. From Room 1

      Delete
  2. Looks like fun. But wouldn't be cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was freezing cold Jaidyn - that's what made it so fun! It was nice to get back to our warm classroom though!

      Delete
  3. Tyler, was the grass cold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun plaing in the frost

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your descriptions of the frost Room 1. I could picture the freezing cold morning in my head because of the wonderful words you used. Tino pai rawa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! mana grat dskpshin .

    ReplyDelete
  7. wot a frosty morning

    ReplyDelete
  8. sopa wering riley you are incredaboal

    ReplyDelete
  9. benji haw did you do liat

    ReplyDelete
  10. coby kot werc riley cep it up riley

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was good fun ice skating on the grs

    ReplyDelete
  12. it was fun and cold

    ReplyDelete