Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wow Words

We have been working hard on adding wow words to our writing.

Wow words add detail to our stories and help paint a picture in the reader's head.

We have been writing about our adventures at the Redwoods and today we learned a little bit about the history of the trees.




The magnificent Redwood trees were planted in the 1930s.  They are 80 years old.  Mason Chambers planted the ginormous trees. The Redwood trees are so wide.  I can't wrap my arms around them.  When I looked up I could only see the humongous tree trunks of the trees.  The trunks felt lumpy like a hard rock.

Written by Tyler


The Redwood trees are humongous and they were planted in the 1930s by Mason Chambers.  They have been growing heaps and heaps and now they are huge trees.  We loved going to see them.

Written by Brianna 


The Redwoods trees are humongous.  I saw hundreds of spiky sticks.  Mason Chambers planted the trees in the 1930s.  Te Mata Peak used to be under water.  I was excited when we were at the big Redwoods.  

Written by Benji

3 comments:

  1. wow mrs-blakesley the people that you have put on the blog thay have been doing good withing by jorgia and tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,what great writing about The Redwoods Tyler,I can see why you were given a Principals award.I am very proud of you -Mum.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE REED WOOS LOTS

    ReplyDelete