Sunday, May 11, 2014

Our trip to the Redwoods

Manuka Hub had a fabulous day visiting the Big Redwoods up Te Mata Peak on Wednesday. 

We started the day by making our own sandwiches for lunch before the buses arrived to take us up to the Te Mata Peak carpark.  We hiked to the little Redwoods for morning tea, spotting a little Manuka tree and a fantail on the way.  Then we carried on, following the purple markers until we arrived at the Big Redwoods. 

We played, explored, climbed, created and collected among the GIANT trees. 
It was an amazing day!

 Maddie, Maia and Niamh independently making their sandwiches.
What yummy combinations!   

 Hannah helping Reese and Maddie wrap their sandwiches.

 Keiarliya, Hunter and Sadie

 The bus ride was a lot of fun, especially on the windy and bumpy Te Mata Peak road!

When I hopped off the bus I was so excited! We walked on the bumpy track and Manuka hub went on the steep track.  By Jerome

 Off we go!

 We spotted a cute little fantail flittering around us.

 Can you see the fantail?

Wow!  What a long walk to the big Redwoods.  I saw a fantail flittering around a Manuka tree.  We found out that Te Mata Peak used to be under water because there were shells along the path.  By Finley



 To get to the Big Redwoods we had to follow the purple markers.

 Some of the tracks were wide.

On Wednesday Manuka hub went up the steep track.  I got hot when I was walking up the long track.  I found a fantail.  It was flittering around the branch of the tree.  By Hunter

 Morning tea time.

 Parts of the track were steep and narrow.

On Wednesday Manuka hub went to the Redwoods and the paths were bumpy and wavy.  I kept falling over.  I was scared of the one path.  It was very steep.  We had to be careful.  By Erin

Manuka Hub arriving at the Big Redwoods.

 Brianna and Raiha found lots to collect.

 Erin, Maia and Jorgia

 Sadie and Keiarliya

 Oh no!  Where's Coby's foot gone?!

 Isaac and Reese next to one of the amazing huts.

 Ashanti enjoying the sandwich she made.

Jorgia with a huge stick.

 Marcus hanging out on the perch he discovered on a Redwood tree.

 Tyler and Mason in their hut.

 The girls using the sticks as wings.

A class photo to end the day!

19 comments:

  1. WOW room 1 that looks very fun and some yam lunchs that make me hunger

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the chrip

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like are wok at tmarter pek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like making my sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much fun you had. makes me hungery Manuka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done guys!!
    I would know if I was ever lost in the Redwoods I would be well fed and I would be safe with Manuka hub by my side. Lorraine McCann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done guys!!
    I would know if I was ever lost in the Redwoods I would be well fed and I would be safe with Manuka hub by my side. Lorraine McCann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You must of had a great time over in the Redwood's. I would love to go there again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun in the woods room 1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! that looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this picture because I really like nature and love birds like the fantail from Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go room 1
    Like how you spotted the fantail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadie had an amazing time and talked so much about it we went to visit the redwoods last Saturday. She showed us lots and lots of fossils which were really interesting. Well done class one for making it a memorable school trip for Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Penny. It is fantastic to hear that you all visited the Redwoods - it's such a fantastic spot isn't it! Well done Sadie for sharing all your learning and experiences with your family!

      Delete
  14. It was fun going up to the big redwoods

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carolyn JablonskiSaturday, May 24, 2014

    Looks like a fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got heaps of sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. on the way bake on the bus I cod of fll uslep

    ReplyDelete